Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chalk


I thought this movie was alright. I think it was good for future teachers to see because although these situations were made up and exaggerated, we could come across a colleague like one of these teachers. In my education history, I had a teacher who was a mix between Mr. Lowrey because he acted like he had no idea what he was doing and Mr. Stoope because he still tried to make the students believe he was the best teacher. I didn't receive anything out of that class. A friend who I was watching the movie with commented that these teachers were making her frustrated and mad. I think it is beneficial for teachers and others to watch this movie because it makes them think about what they would want in the teachers for their own children. It may give them a new appreciation for good teaching and how much work goes into it.

No comments: